Wednesday, January 20, 2010

NEW Massive Attack, SMD, Ian Dury, Infight, Val Venosta, I'm not a Band, Diogenes Club, Dr Strangelove, Boy8Bit, METRIC, Hussle Club, Junip, Photek

What Dictators Listen To and if I listened to that shit, I TOO would commit genocide..I mean, Siff Pilchard (oops, I mean Cliff Richard), have you ever?

RIGHT, I was watching the awesome Japanorama clearly done before Wossie's fall from gwace, they were doing an awesome show on Samurai and it reminded me of this awesome video by Photek, really beautiful:



Check out the first of a few official remixes for bloggers from the new Massive Attack album 'Heligoland', dropping Feb 8th; 'Girl I Love You' remixed by She Is Danger... Enjoy :)
Click to Download it:
Massive Attack - Girl I Love You (She Is Danger Remix).mp3 (192kps)

AND a bit of CLASSIC Ian Dury and the Blockheads:



A new band from Freiburg called Infight sent me info on their awesome new EP called The Discoland and it can be downloaded for free http://www.in-fight.com/music here. I will give it a review soon of this future Discopunk classic.

And Val Venosta has sent me this: The Price is Right, an uplifting tribute
to the real king of darkness; Vincent Price.
Val Venosta - The Price is Right
And here’s the video

Val Venosta - The Price Is Right from Val Venosta on Vimeo.


Val Venosta MySpandex

Cool, so I’m Not A Band sent me this to share with y’all:
Plasma – Crazy (I’m not a Band – Remix)
They'll be on their first UK Tour starting this Sunday - playing Birmingham, Manchester and London (dates can be found on their page).
And last but not least we got nominated as Myspace featured artist by New York band "Cobra Starship". You can vote at once a day;)

Following their thrilling success, the Diogenes Club returns for its second release combining Dob and Paul's effortless partnership. Their first EP 'Do You Know How To Feel It?' gained outstanding reviews online through portals such as Pitchfork, Sound Advice, Pop Stereo and The Hype Machine as well as being played by Pete Tong on Radio 1 and being described as 'the best I've heard in ages' by Andy Warburton (Nu Cool Show, Galaxy). Once again, it results in an excellent EP combining flair, tenacity and charm.

The '979' EP gathers 3 new exciting compositions. Spacey and hypnotic 'Tie Ourselves Around' woos a storm of emotion with bass-like resonances. Highs and lows are characterized by unfathomed, meaningful lyrics. The moodiness is broken by 'I Could Try To Explain' - an instant balearic feel-good track. It's driven and happy-go-lucky tempo are embellished with lush vocals striding with rhythm. Finally, 'Tete' is an atmospheric lullaby with eerie and delicate patterns that provoke a subtle, yet compelling uplift.

Stream the 979 EP here

Sean from Gung-Ho Record’s first EP of the new decade is from Dr Strangelove aka DJ Lottie and Pete Martin

Heres a mix you can download -
MIX

BUY the EP

Tracklist for mix -
Green Velvet & Kid Sister - "Everybody Wants" RELIEF
Anton Pieete - "SIberian" INTACTO
Mescal Kid - "Do You Want It?" SCI & TEC DIGITAL AUDIO
Tom Neville - "Run In Reverse" RISING MUSIC
A Trak/Laidback Luke - "Shake It Down" MIXMASH
Dr. Strangelove - "Photograph" GUNG HO! RECORDINGS
Mark Knight - "Good Times" TOOLROOM
Edu Imbernon/Coyu - "El Baile Aleman" LIEBE DETAIL
Joel Mull - "Passing Through" TRUESOUL
Tom Neville - "I Can't Remember" PICKADOLL

Video:


NOW, some RCRD LBL stuffies for you, the Metric is stellar

Simian Mobile Disco - Cruel Intentions (Feat Beth Ditto) (Heartbreaks Slow Action Remix)
Simian Mobile Disco (far cooler than the HIDEOUS new gossip album, SOOOOO bad)

Boy8Bit - Baltic Pine (Run Hide Survive Remix)
Boy8Bit MySpandex

Metric - Front Row (Acoustic)
Metric MySpandex Metric Web

Hussle Club Remixes
Hussle Club MySpandex
More Music: Felix Cartal Mix

Junip (feat Jose Gonzales) – Azaleadalen

COOL, so I will be back on the radio next week Tuesday, was supposed to be this week but for me sleeping through my alarm clock.....ANYHOO, and ALSO, I will be playing a housey type set at Kitcheners in Braamfontein on friday night, me and my turntables, you have been warned!!
I TOO dream of Battle

No comments: