Monday, February 23, 2009

My FIRST remix plus some cool free shit from Nile-On, namely NASA and Metronomy



Soooo, the good folk over at Ohh Crapp sent me some tracks to try and see what I could do with them from a remix perspective, the brief was "These are the original tracks, but that's where the real challenge resides - It doesn't have to be a remix of the whole track, you can use as much as a 1 second sample or even the whole thing if you thought you can come up with something good. It could be a remix or a Dub, but please not edits as this is a challenge to see how you can cast your sound/style over these tracks."
These were the tracks:
Panda Bear - I'm Not
Air - Napalm Love
Portishead - The Rip



We chose Air, coz we could, and we did and this is the result:
Air vs Jay-Z - 99 Problems vs Napalm Love (Emaill Chekkerr vs Destrukto vs Infidel Gin In My Pocket Remix)
This is my very first ever remix, there was also a LOT of beer involved, a LOT!!
Hit me with some comments if you like it or don't, anything, some critique, I am always willing to learn. We did it in Ableton Live, used a Moog Emulator as well as added some drums, it was REALLY fun!!! Tim Apter was the main genius behind this, that would be Email Chekkerr, part of Double Adapter part of Cutout Collective!

Meanwhile, the good folks over at Nile-On hit me with this fine track:
N.A.S.A. - Whachadoin? (Villains Remix)
Album Info NASA MySpazz NASA Website Villains MySpazz
They also gave me this for your love: Metronomy - Radio Ladio (Micachu Remix)
Meanwhile, theirs also this cool new video of Edith from The Hot Melts

No comments: